A SYDNEY boy was rushed to hospital after he accidentally swallowed part of his brand-new fidget spinner.
The child was taken to the emergency department of the Royal North Shore Hospital after ingesting a circular disc that had come off the fad gadget.
A warning from the child's mother was posted on the Facebook group North Shore Mums on Saturday.
"Parents of fidget spinners beware ... our son swallowed the disc of a fidget spinner last night and ended up at RNSH Emergency," she wrote.
"The side of the spinner was cracked and when he spun it, the disc flew in his mouth and before he realised, he swallowed it.
"He had it for less than 48 hours. Ours are now in the bin and just want to make you all aware of what can happen with these things.
"He has to pass it within two days or we're looking at alternative methods of extraction."
A x-ray uploaded to Facebook appears to show the round piece lodged in the boy's stomach.
Fidget spinners are a new-found craze among children, however this is not the first time they've presented a danger to young fans.
Last month, a 10-year-old girl in the US accidentally swallowed part of a fidget spinner and had to have it surgically removed from her oesophagus.
While the toy has been spruiked as useful tools for children with ADHD and autism, there are reports Australians schools are banning them as they are distracting students and teachers.