Steve Harling from the Ipswich Turf Club has shared some amazing figures when it comes to what is required to stage the event.
Some of these might surprise you!
- 150,000 ready to drink alcoholic beverages will be consumed
- 50,000 Stubbies of beer will also be drunk
- 20,000 people are expected on the day
- 16,000 Cans of soft drink will be downed by patrons
- 15,000 glasses of wine will be drunk
- 14,000 meals will be served
- 7000 plastic chairs will be dotted around the grounds
- 5000 square metres of marquee space will be hired
- 800 kilowatts of extra power will be on hand to cope with the demand
- 700 kilograms of hot chips will be cooked on the day
- 400 temporary staff will work the Ipswich Cup
- 200 Portaloos will be shipped in for the day
- 40 cold rooms will be imported to keep the drinks cold
- 10 generators will be fired up
- 3 km of temporary fencing
- 1 kilometre of extension cords will be in operation
Update your news preferences and get the latest news delivered to your inbox.